About Me

My photo
Kathmandu, Nepal
At 24, she claims herself to be just an ordinary someone who is trying to find her place in this world, in search for her true calling. And along the way, as her life happens with people and situations coming and leaving, she pens down some of her thoughts & emotions here...

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Me and My Magazine Dreams !

"Don't get fascinated by the pictures alone, read the articles too." I clearly remember my elder sister raising her sharp voice at me as i flipped through the glossy pages of one of those hundreds of thick Cosmopolitan magazines she owned. She was a fervid magazine reader and it didn't came as a surprise when the habit was passed down to me. Initially it was just the glamorous photographs of surprisingly beautiful actresses/models and the stylish apparels that had my eyes glued. But after that day, the articles started getting my attention too. And slowly, this habit turned into a passion. A passion deep enough to make me hear my inner voice declare "Yes, this is what i want to do.'' at the last page of every monthly edition i read. Looking back now, i guess her scoldings were a blessing in disguise. A gift from one sister to another. :)
 
There is no doubt that i am a very lazy girl. (My family would be the first ones to agree on that.) But despite my weakness, i have dared to dream. On many dark nights, I've not let my mind rest for such long hours, sending it to brainstorming mode just to come up with interesting new ideas and concepts for my future project. Yes, i have actually visioned myself launching my own magazine one day. Fingers crossed ! 

And so, with a strong determination to make my desire a content reality, i confidently walked my way into that newly furnished office for the interview. When asked about why i was there, my honesty immediately voiced, ''I am here to learn. This is what I've always wanted to do; where I've always wanted to be.''

And this evening, i got a call with the lady on the other line saying that that i could join WOW (World of Women) Magazine from tomorrow. :) Yes, that is the name of the magazine i will be working for. After a couple of rejections from other print media houses, I'm glad that I finally have a company that believes in me. Now all that i have to do is to repay their kindness by working hard for them. And as for me, i just want to prove it to myself that, ''If i can dream it, i can do it.''




Here's to moving on to the next chapter of my life. To being one step closer to my dreams. And also to hectic days ahead. 

Till my next post, Eat-Pray-Love !
:D

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS PretAAA!!!
    and Cheers to the new beginning :)

    can't wait for the treat :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you so much coffee :)
      treat ta sure ni .. tara not EP hai... way out of my budget :P

      Delete
  2. congratulations :)
    i loved ur blog, u have a new follower :)
    much love,
    saharious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sahara.. if that's ur real name, its similar to mine.. my close ones calls me sara :)

      Delete
  3. YO!!!!
    Dijju. So so so proud of you. I thought I had commented on this one. Turns out it didn't get posted. Anyhoo. CONGRATULATIONS!!! And you know what? I know a lot of people who're working for this magazine. Sahil Da', Ayusha Di, Dipesh Daiiii. They're all such amazing souls. I know you'll have one hell of a good time working for the magazine:) Please keep updating us and three cheers for moving forward to achieving your dreams:)
    Muah:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      ur comment never fails to put a big smile on my big face.. hahaha
      thank you so much sweetie... and yah, guess what, i am in the same dept with ayusha dd.. she's my mentor over here.. we are actually just one footstep far.. lol... :) thank you once again .. muahh

      Delete
    2. Dherai dherai badhai chha sisi.

      Delete